Table of Contents
Company messaging hurdles
One of the largest struggles I see as an SEO is how companies can misalign their messaging.
Here is what I mean by that:
- Companies tend to pound their chests with their messaging as if they are the best thing since sliced bread.
- They do not communicate to users how their products and services can help the user’s pain points.
- The company communication is not consistent across different lines of the business, the website, social media, and email communication.
- Their communication is not consistent with the company’s mission.
Today’s episode goes into this in detail.
I have 30 years experience as a corporate executive and consultant providing strategic and tactical corporate communications, public relations and writing support for companies across a variety of industries. An avid researcher of companies, industries and demographic shifts, I continued to see an alarming trend in which organizations fail to effectively communicate their mission, vision and values to their target audiences resulting in negative consequences. As a solution-focused consultant, I saw an opportunity to offer an objective analysis of a company’s products/services and assist clients in identifying their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. My expertise is in discernment — seeing clearly what my clients cannot see, most times because they are too close and their objectivity gets clouded. Every company has a unique selling proposition and, working closely with my clients; I help them see “the forest from the trees.”
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/danlspringer/
Questions I asked Dan
While not all of the questions show up in the recording, these were the basis of our conversation.
- Could you explain how effective communication from a company is essentially a website’s users?
- What type of strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities do you see on most websites as they describe their products and services?
- How does messaging from a business help grow a business?
- What struggles have you had in getting empathy and the business’s personality to shine through communication?
- How do you align messaging across websites, social media, blog posts, etc. so that it is cohesive?
- What is the process you take to develop a content strategy with businesses?
- What strategies can listeners use to start to form a content strategy for their business?
- How can a business use come from the perspective of its users in their content?
- What are the biggest struggles the companies have with their content?
- How can listeners reach out to you for help with their content?