If you are interested in what makes SEO tick or how to rank a web page or website in Google. You know that this is a moving target, as Google is constantly changing and evolving.
To speak directly about these issues, I invited Lily Ray to come on the show and discuss what is new about Google’s E-E-A-T framework.
If you are unfamiliar with E-E-A-T? Lily goes into this, as the E-E-A-T framework was recently updated.
Lily Ray is the SEO Director at Amsive Digital, providing strategic leadership for the agency’s SEO client programs. Born into a family of software engineers, web developers, and technical writers, Lily brings a strong technical background, performance-driven habits, and forward-thinking creativity to all programs she oversees. Lily began her SEO career in 2010 in a fast-paced start-up environment and moved quickly into the agency world. She helped grow and establish an award-winning SEO department that delivered high-impact work for a fast-growing list of notable clients, including Fortune 500 companies. Lily has worked across various verticals focusing on retail, e-commerce, b2b, and CPG sites. She loves diving into algorithm updates, assessing quality issues, and solving technical SEO mysteries.
Upcoming Events – https://lilyray.nyc/events/list/
LilyRay’s Website – https://lilyray.nyc/
Amsive Digital – https://www.amsivedigital.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/lilyraynyc
The questions that I asked Lily that this podcast episode was based on
- What does E-E-A-T mean?
- How can E-E-A-T affect a site’s rankings in Google.
- What can SEOs do to improve the E-E-A-T on their website?
- What are the most common issues that you see?
- Can covering more of the topic clusters of the sites overarching topic help with E-E-A-T? – semantic SEO.
- How does having content that is more robust with supporting keywords, related keywords and questions queries help? – People also ask.
- Does FAQ schema help with E-E-A-T? – If so can you explain how.
- How does adding Author Schema help?
- How does adding SameAs Author Schema Help?
- When relevant internal links are implemented, can this help with E-E-A-T by connecting Google entities?
- How can off page signals like BBB and Yelp affect the Trustworthiness of a website for E-E-A-T?
- Can the relevancy of your backlinks from referring domains affect the authority in E-E-A-T?
- A relevant site and content linking back to your page.
- A relevant or irrelevant link profile linking to the 3rd party website.
- Does Google’s (NLP) play a part in E-E-A-T, if so, could you explain how?
Check out more episodes of our SEO podcast.